Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Crispy critters........

What a summer this has been. Ugh.
102,104,103,104,106.......those are just some of the numbers. No they aren't my pick for a winning lottery ticket. That's what some of the daily temperatures have been around here. This summer has been hot and dry. One Sunday the heat index managed to reach 111. We broke a record with that one.
We need some rain and bad, but I don't think it's coming any time soon.
Our poor yard looks awful in some spots. Some spots are green, but other places it's fried. And it makes this awful crunching sound when you step on it.


I do have a good helper to help water the flowers.

And I don't even want to look at my flowers. Most of them are toasted. I even lost a few of them. Some of them look like they might make it, and others look like they won't. But I haven't given up hope.


I potted some Petunia's on the front porch....and they almost burnt to a crisp. I've been giving them a good drink about every night this week, so I'm hopeful that maybe they will pull through. I hope. They were looking so good until the heat wave came.



Hope everyone else is staying cool out there! Try to enjoy the rest of the summer.

No comments: