Monday, March 15, 2010

Pink What?

This is to all the Mom's out there who have had to experience this. For those of you that haven't I wish you luck.
It never fails that your children always get sick on the weekends. My sweet daughter is one of them. Bless her heart I know she couldn't help it, but you always wonder why now?.
Here's how it went:
Saturday I didn't have to work. So I thought oh goodie we can clean out the garage and get it organized. That didn't happen due to the weather. Maddie acted fine all morning, except she was a little tired from the night before. She didn't sleep well. Then later that same evening we were at home playing and I noticed Maddie's right eye had this HUGE yellowish eye booger in the corner. I thought to myself please don't let that be what I think it is. If you've guessed it you are correct. It was Pink Eye.


By Saturday night both of her eyes were draining. Most things don't gross me out, but this was just nasty. And to see it on my child's face made it even worse.
So this morning I drug Maddie to the Doctor. Her least favorite thing to do. So there goes her Spring break. Now it's eye drops three times a day, which are a pure treat to give to a three year old, and good 'ol antibiotic's too.
This week my two new best friends are Lysol spray and Clorox Wipes!
Let's pray that neither Mommy or Daddy get this.
Hopefully next week will be nice enough and NONE of these three will be sick so they can do what girls do best!

No comments: