Friday, December 3, 2010

A night of Joy.....

Last night we went to watch the Christmas Parade in Augusta. I was excited to go. And Maddie was thrilled as well. Plus she couldn't wait to see Santa.
The weather was perfect. It wasn't that cold, since it was in the 50's earlier in the day. As we were walking to the main drag where the parade was going to take place, this nice lady offered to take a picture of all three of us together. That made my day.

Then we walked around in some of the shops downtown, looking at all the decorations and lights and I started snapping away.....then much to my surprise my camera started flashing a red light. Yep, the battery was low. That's what I get for not changing it before I left the house.
Mid way through the parade my camera literally died. I thought well there goes that, and I was bummed I wasn't going to get a picture of Maddie with Santa. Oh well, life goes on.
Here's the pictures that I did manage to take.


Oh I am so wanting one of these....you can't really tell from the picture, but the color of it is actually pink.


The Augusta Theater. It's really neat with all the lights. And most people don't know, but this is where Stewart & I went on our first official date.


Here comes Santa! I took a close up, but it came out blurry, so I didn't post it.



That was the end of the parade, so Maddie was dying to go see Santa. So we walked down to the Historical Museum to go wait in line to see Jolly Ole Saint Nick. Now when I say we waited in line, I mean WE WAITED in line. I hope our child knows how much her parents love her, because we waited for about a good hour to see Santa. But I was so proud of Maddie, she waited and didn't throw a fit. And I was happy that when it was finally our turn, she didn't scream in fear and run. She wouldn't sit on Santa's lap, but she did tell him what she wanted for Christmas, gave him a high five, got her candy cane and then gave Santa a hug.
I was also grateful, because the good lord made my wish come true. I pulled out my camera for one last try and it came on! I got one good picture of Maddie talking to Santa. Hopefully next year she will be on his lap.

Happy Holidays y'all!

No comments: