Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ahhhh much better.....

Have you ever done something and at the time you thought WOW that's a great idea!
Well that's what I did when I decorated our master bathroom almost six years ago. Yikes, it's been that long.
I remember it all so well. I was a newlywed and I wanted nothing more than to decorate the house.(which at the time had ALL white walls, yuck)
So I found what I thought was really pretty. This big bold colorful wallpaper border that had fish on it. It was very outdoorsy, but I loved it.

Then about a year ago I decided to slap some paint on the walls as well. I had some leftover paint colors that I had used in other parts of the house. So I figured why not use this and save a couple bucks. At the time when I did it, I wasn't quite sure about the lower half of the walls. I used this yellow color that's on the wall in my kitchen. It looks good in there, but not so much in the bathroom. It looked too yellow. But I lived with it anyway.

Then the other day I was sittin on the johnny and I saw that a corner of my big bold fish border was starting to peel away from the wall, yet again. This fish border and I have a history together. I have had to re-ad hear sections, and some of it's corners about 4-5 times during the last 6 years. It has never stuck to the wall. So I got a wild hair up my fanny and pulled at the corner, just to see what it would do.
Yep, you guessed it. It peeled right off. With hardly any effort. So the next evening the rest of my big bold fish border became garbage. It felt good. I got revenge on it. hehe



Then it was time to pick an new color, and NO fish border. I was selective about it this time, and I didn't use old paint. I spent the mullah on fresh stuff. It turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. I still want to do something with the mirrors. Possibly frame them, but I'm taking my time on that one. Let me know what ya think.
Here's the bathroom now:





No comments: