Monday, January 31, 2011

Waiting for Spring......

It's hard to believe that the first month of 2011 is already gone by.
There hasn't been much going on at our house...same 'ole things. We did enjoy a couple of days last week where the weather was fantastic. It was in the lower 70's last Friday. Maddie and I spent the whole afternoon outside. Knowing that the weather that day would soon be short lived. It made me want Spring to come even faster.
Then today our Old Man Winter made his return. Cold temperatures, wind, freezing rain and there is supposed to be snow headed our way.
This afternoon I was hoping to see a little sunshine, but didn't get my wish. I opened the front door for a few minutes, and went to the bath room. When I returned I found my sweet warmblooded child like this.

Usually she likes to stick her hands on the frost on the window and write in it. But today she had different ideas. And yes she is wearing a t-shirt, no pants and socks. She is always like this at home.

On a much more warmer note....tomorrow, February 1st, is my Grandma Helen's birthday. I am proud to say that she will be 85 and looks fabulous!
About half of my family has a birthday this coming month (including the hubby) and it all starts with her.
Here's a flash back in time. Me with my Grandma at Christmas. Don't ask me what year, but it was a while ago.


She is the eldest of four children. I think that's what makes her so smart.
She has always taught me to the right thing and to be true to myself. She married my Grandpa December 26,1947 and hasn't gotten sick of him yet.
She can type faster than anyone I know. She makes the best food ever.
She always gives me the best advice when I need it most. And she has the best twin grandchildren!

Hope you have a wonderful Birthday Grandma! We love you lots.

No comments: