Monday, January 10, 2011

First Snow of 2011......

It started last night, and it kept going all night.....the snow.
It's the first snow we've had for this winter, and I'm not going to complain. We've been lucky on the weather so far.
Now I just hope we don't get some freak blizzard and loose our power and have to pack up and head to the in-laws house. I love the snow, but not when it's so bad the power goes out.
When Maddison woke up this morning she was so happy. She came out screaming, "Mommy look SNOW! Oh I'm so excited!" Then all morning she kept begging me to go outside and play.
Finally after lunch I caved in and covered my child in clothes. Almost to the point of making her look like the kid from 'A Christmas Story'. But not quite that bad. I wanted her to be able to move her arms!
So then I grabbed the camera as well and we trotted out in the snow.
Then a while later I was going to dig my camera out of my pocket again, only this time it wasn't in my pocket. It wasn't in any of my pockets.
Oh @#*$!!! I was starting to panic. Because by this point it was snowing again, and not lightly. I ran back across the yard and there it laid where Maddie had made her snow angel. It was perfectly fine. Thank goodness.


Ready to dig in!










Hope everyone is staying warm and cozy!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Love the close up of Maddie's face with the snow on it! Sooo cute.