Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Yum......

Today I am posting a recipe for a friend. So here it is.

Chicken Fried Steak, or some may call it Country Fried Steak. I don't care what ya call it, but it's yummy.
Made this for the family last Sunday.

Got the idea from my Pioneer Woman Cookbook. I highly recommend this to everyone.


3 pounds cube steak
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons seasoned salt (I used Lawry's, 3 teaspoons)
3/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I didn't use this)
1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil for frying

Make an assembly line for your meat. 3 bowls. 1 bowl for the flour and spices and one bowl for eggs and milk, and 1 for the breaded meat.
Beat the eggs and 1 cup of milk together in a bowl.
Put the flour and spices in the other bowl.
Gently put a slice of meat in the egg and milk mixture. Coating both sides.
Then place the same piece of meat in the flour and spice mixture. Coat both sides.
Now place the same flour coated piece of meat back in to the egg/milk mixture and repeat. Then dip it back into the flour mixture, and coat the meat again.
This will make a nice thick crust for the fried steak.
Place the meat on an empty plate until ready to fry. Repeat the same process for all the other slabs of meat.
Heat up the oil in a pan on Medium-High heat.
Once you are ready to fry, place 2-3 pieces of meat in a pan with the oil.
Cook each side of the meat until it looks nice and golden brown.


Along with the meal I made mashed potatoes, mini cornbread muffins, and corn on the cob.I also made some gravy to go along with this, but I can't make gravy from scratch. Sad I know. So I cheat and use a packaged gravy mix that I buy at the store. It's much better that way. Because my homemade gravy turns out more like wall plaster.
But you can use whatever gravy recipe tickles your fancy.
ENJOY!

No comments: