Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Chicken gum.....


It has come to my attention that the older my child gets, the more interesting our conversations get. It is always amazing to me some of the words that come out of my child's mouth. Yes there have been a couple of occasions where my sweet daughter has "accidentally" picked up a cuss word here and there. Trying to control my laughter I tell her that it's not ok to repeat such words. And then I have to tell other people, watch your language. Because I would never say such foul words for my child's innocent ears to pick up. No not me...
Here was a conversation that Maddie had with me this morning.
Maddie: "Mom ask me what's in my mouth, ok.
Me: "Ok. Maddison what do you have in your mouth? (lord knows this could be bad)
Maddie: "Oh it's just some gum. (there wasn't actually any gum, it was pretend)
Me:"Oh really. Well can I have some gum?
Maddie: "Sure, here you go mommy".
Me: "Thanks. Hey where did you get this gum"?
Maddie: "Oh my Grandma gave it to me last week, when I was a little girl".
Me: "Oh yeah. Well what kind of gum is it?
Maddie: "Oh it's just chicken gum".
Me: "Chicken gum".
Maddie: "Yeah, I like chicken gum".
And then she left the room. I was left sitting there thinking chicken gum. Gross.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Love your header pic!!!!

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.