Monday, April 12, 2010

Where there's smoke, there's fire.....

And the fire was across the road from our house. (eek) But it was under control.
Farmers all around us have been burning their fields, so all weekend you could look up and see smoke coming from somewhere.
Late Sunday afternoon I was coming home from my adventurous trip to the grocery store, and as I got closer to our road, there were cars going the opposite direction flashing their lights and waving 'Go back, Go back"!. I was like uh..I live down here....then I saw this...
smoke all across the highway.


this is the field that is to the south of our house....on fire!


I passed this burning stump on my way home, so I dropped off the groceries and grabbed my camera and went back....



I've seen I don't know how many field fires in my life, but when one is happening close to your own home, it seems completely different. Kind of scary too. Thank goodness this fire didn't decided to jump into our yard.

No comments: