Wednesday, July 21, 2010

This is not good.....

Living in the country, I've come to except that there are bugs.
You get houseflies, junebugs, mosquito's, and the occasional infestation of grasshoppers or moths, but this I will NOT stand for.
Let me set the story for you.
Last night Maddie would not go to sleep, So I rocked her for a while. Thinking that she was out, I went to take her to bed and she was still awake. So then Stu gave it a try. So I turned off the lights and flipped on the nightlight in the living room. Then I went and played on the computer for a while.
It was about 12:15am, and I shut off the computer. I went out in the living room and Stu and Maddie were both passed out in the chair.
So I woke up Stu, so we could put Maddie to bed. I went over to the hallway and turned the light on. By that time Stu was getting out of the chair to take Maddie to her room. I was behind Stewart as he started heading to Maddie's room, then all of the sudden he stopped and started backing up. I was like "what are you doing?"
Stu's eyes were the size of our dinner plates, and he was shaking his head...and there in the hallway was this.

Yes folks that is a spider. It was the biggest one I've ever seen, and the fact that it was in my house made it even worse.
I hate spiders. I would rather deal with stray dogs in my yard, than deal with these dang things.

This is an "after" snap shot. My camera was in the computer room at the time when this nasty thing was sitting in the hallway. There was NO WAY I was going to walk past it to take it's picture while it was still movable.

I was thankful that Stu was home to help kill this thing. And thank God it didn't go into Maddie's room to live. The scariest part of the whole thing was the fact that I walked by it in the dark twice! I will have nightmares for a week now.

No comments: