Monday, September 27, 2010

A plus and a minus....

I don't really know where to start, so here goes... I guess I'll start with the minus.
I am glad that last week is done and gone.
I was a nervous wreck.
Last Friday Maddie had to go to the dentist.
This visit wasn't for a "happy visit." She had to have one of her
front teeth extracted. I was not ready for this day.
Something happened to her tooth and it got chipped somehow and started to take a turn for the worse, so it had to come out.
Maddie did better that I thought she would.(better than her mommy did) Everything went smooth. The tooth came out fine and Maddie did so wonderful afterwards. I was prepared for her to go home and sleep of the "sleepy drugs" that she received, but instead she was ready to jump around and play like normal. The hardest part was trying to keep her calm the rest of the day. But I was so proud of how good she did. It doesn't look so hot right now, but it's healing good.
Now we just have to wait for a new tooth......


On a much happier note....a plus!
To keep my mind occupied, I decided to re-do the table and chairs that is in our kitchen. I've been wanting to do this for a while and this last weekend I finally just got off my butt and did it.
I've had this table for almost 10 years and I thought it was time for a face lift.
I didn't take a before picture, but I found one from Thanksgiving of last year. It's not the whole table, but you get the idea of what it used to look like.



And here's what it looks like now! I love it.

That's all I have for now.....

No comments: