Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'm in love with this.....

For Mother's Day, my wonderful husband took me to dinner and a movie. Of course we had to see "Iron Man 2". I think I got tricked. But it was a good movie.
So after the movie, we stopped off at Barnes & Noble book store.
Stewart didn't have a clue what to get me for Mother's Day ( i think that was just an excuse), so I told him I would just pick out my own gift in the book store.
Fair enough.
Walking around the book store, racking my brain tyring to think of something that I really want.....then an employee's voice comes over the intercom.."Attention all shopper's the time is 9:45 and the store will be closing in 15 minutes, please make your final selection and head to the check out, thank you".
So then my mind really starting racing. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the words cook book. Then *ta-da* a light came on, and said "hey dummy-get the cook book you were wanting!"
So I scooted over to the cook book section and nothing.
So Stewart asked a nice lady that worked there, and she said, "Oh sorry, but that book is all sold out." She was nice enough to call to the other store to see if they had any.
They had one book left.
So they put the book on hold and the next day it was mine!
I am in love with it.

It's called the Pioneer Woman Cook Book. If you can find one, buy it.
I am obsessed with her blog too. If you have a few hours, click on her blog under my blog list, and read it. You will love it too, trust me.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I LOVE her web-site but don't have the cook book...yet!!!